LOOK AT THE AUGUST CONCERTS....HMMMMM?

LOOK AT THE AUGUST CONCERTS....HMMMMM?

Postby HEAD ON » Fri May 22, 2009 7:03 am

Faith is the wind that blows the sail of our ship to the desired destination
HEAD ON
Major
Major

Re: LOOK AT THE AUGUST CONCERTS....HMMMMM?

Postby bob self » Fri May 22, 2009 4:15 pm

as george carlin once said..."sounds like bullshit to me!!!!!!" five members???...see the negative bto post there too?? guess the idiot hasn't seen randy and fred in about ten years, nah this has all the look of total horse bleep.......branson missouri....talk about a "poser town" :roll:
ALL THE BURNING BRIDGES THAT HAVE FALLEN AFTER ME.BURNING BRIDGES LOST FOREVER MORE
true happiness for a man.is that FIRST shave with a new blade AFTER the last shave with the old blade
I may be honest but i'm not stupid-doe
sir does my name tag say moron
bob self
Major General
Major General

Postby johnv » Fri May 22, 2009 8:41 pm

Maybe Mick can shed some light on this mystery for us?

3/5ths of BTO? That don't sound right, like Bob said. Don't get me wrong though, I might just tune up the truck for a road trip if Randy and Fred show up anywhere together for a show....
johnv
Captain
Captain

Postby johnv » Fri May 22, 2009 10:50 pm

Ok, I'll admit to having not having read the page thoroughly and only looking for the BTO reference ....

You're probably right - as is Bob, but the BS might have been placed there intentionally....(ah crap, again)
johnv
Captain
Captain

Postby rollingstones7 » Sun May 24, 2009 8:31 pm

Its kinda odd that there is no specific date or venue on there for the "3/5 of bachman-turner Overdrive." Just Branson, Missouri in August. And it doesn't say which three members either. and I'm not quite sure what to make out of the three fifths... my best guess is they are meaning the Not Fragile line up with Tim or Murray added to that.... or they are full of crap. and actually a three fifths BTO doesn't mean Randy And/ or Fred.. It means there are going to be three people who played on stage as members of BTO before. for all we know, if its true, it could be Blair, Rob, and jim Clench or any other combination of 3 former members.
Attachments
Bachman Turner Overdrive Not Fragile cassette cover- DUTCH.jpg
Bachman Turner Overdrive Not Fragile cassette cover- DUTCH.jpg (24.4 KiB) Viewed 3073 times
rollingstones7
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby bob self » Fri May 29, 2009 4:01 pm

'lampoon" the acts all you want.....those guys are laughing all the way to the bank...........couple of months at a time, no travel expese.....heh heh heh........the guess who played a cruise ship jan '08......when i saw jim kale last summer, i asked him about it.....they were on the boat for 8 days.............i figured they'd play at least 7................they played one day ,,,,the rest was spent lounging aroud, going ashore, etc like tourists. and they got paid their regular fee.......and they were feed an housed freebie...............and cruised the caribbean............ all on the cruise line's dime..........
ALL THE BURNING BRIDGES THAT HAVE FALLEN AFTER ME.BURNING BRIDGES LOST FOREVER MORE
true happiness for a man.is that FIRST shave with a new blade AFTER the last shave with the old blade
I may be honest but i'm not stupid-doe
sir does my name tag say moron
bob self
Major General
Major General

Postby Joe » Fri May 29, 2009 10:03 pm

Yeah that's the standard deal for acts on cruise ships - they board - do 1 or 2 shows and that's it.
I did sound for a number of years on ships - it was a fun experience - they have top-notch equipment, surprisingly large theaters on the bigger vessels, and many great acts, and the travel was great.
Joe
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Bachman Turner Overdrive